It's not often a hockey jersey inspires a fashion show. Or team colors --especially orange -- pop up as cocktail dresses. Or the boss's wife walks the runway. It all happened last month at the first ever Flyers Wives Fashion Show, where wives of the Philadelphia Flyer's players and management modeled Nicole Miller's new Artelier Spring 2012 line paired with Lagos jewelry, all to benefit Comcast Spectacor Charities.
In the ballroom orange glowed from the chandeliers to the shoes. By the bar creamsicle edged with silver sequins sparkled. And on the runway the women rocked the house.
I give those women so much credit. Strutting down a catwalk makes me wobbly just thinking about it. How did they do it? Mary K. Dougherty, owner of the Nicole Miller Philadelphia store that sponsored the event, along with Lagos, Fox29 and Philadelphia Style Magazine; gave the volunteer models this advice: First, Nicole Miller designs her clothes to flatter women of all ages and body types, so you'll look good. Second, think of a specific person who will benefit, such as an ill child who will now get help, so you'll feel good. Finally, have fun. The event is a celebration of women and all for a good cause.
SCENES FROM THE SHOW:
- On the runway.
- Before the show in the offices of MKDA (Mary K. Dougherty & Associates) and the Nicole Miller Philadelphia store.
- Spring looks from Nicole Miller Artelier flank Lagos Flyers pendants. A portion of the proceeds from the Lagos pendants benefit Flyers Charities year-round.
- My favorite model: Doreen Holmgren, wife of Flyers GM Paul Holmgren.
- Nicole Miller's Artelier Spring 2012 line; the Philadelphia Flyers line.
- Finale, featuring the volunteer models and singer Lauren Hart.
All photos by Doreen Creede / Style Maniac except #4 via Randall Scott/ CBS Philly.
V is for VOLUNTEER: So many women donate their time for a good cause. Have one of your own? Share it here. (Part 3 of our series "Let's Hear It For The Girls ... celebrating women from A to Z." )
"Use the good china for breakfast."