Oh the places I've journeyed, from Egypt to outer space. Events I've witnessed, from the beginning to the end of time. People I've met: cowboys, warriors, mermaids, queens. All in the pages of a book. I simply cannot imagine a life without reading. Give me a good book and I'll read it anywhere -- scrunched at a desk, curled up in bed, on the floor with legs propped against a wall. Delightfully I am not alone. Over and over again I see just how much bloggers -- and blog readers -- love books.
This month I hope you'll join me in celebrating that love with my "Blogs To Books" project. Here's the plan:
- Choose a book. Any book. (New, gently loved, any genre.)
- Give it to someone. Anyone. (Child, adult, friend, stranger.)
- Write about your gift (why you chose a certain title, what the reaction was ... anything you want) then share your story in any of the following ways: Publish on your blog ... add your story in the Comments here ... add to the Style Maniac Facebook Page.
- Whatever you choose, please post by Monday, November 28, 2011 and let me know you've done so in a Comment.
- If publishing on your blog, please include "Style Maniac Blogs To Books Project" and link to this post /stylemaniac/2011/11/blogs-to-books.html.
Your tales will also be featured by our friends at Books & Books Westhampton Beach, a wonderful independent bookstore that has joined me in this project. They will showcase your book choices (where possible) as "Recommended Reads" in the store, share links about the project on their social media sites (Facebook / Twitter ) plus award surprise goodies to several participants.
So you'll get publicity, perhaps presents and best of all promote a love of reading, books and blogs. I hope you'll join us.
FAVORITE THINGS: Books and blogs. That photo could so be me, but was actually discovered on I Like, I Wish, I Heart /source: MichemilyG.
"Use the good china for breakfast."