Wonder Wheel, Coney Island. By Amonick on Flickr
Last week, over on The Blogstress Network, we unexpectedly initiated World Blogstress Day, and encouraged readers to take a spin around the blogosphere to discover some great, possibly new-to-you sites. (For more on our picks, see our "World Blogstress Day" post or listen to our August 30 Blog Talk Radio show.)
This week, I am offering a trip of a different sort--around the archives of Style Maniac--thanks to Barbara of Zero to 60 & Beyond tagging me to continue the TripBase "My 7 Links" series. The idea is to unite bloggers from all sectors to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten posts that deserve to see the light of day again, in a variety of categories.
And so ....
My TripBase 7
1. Most Beautiful post: I aim for beauty in all the images that appear on Style Maniac but perhaps Oh So Pretty captures that best.
2. Most Popular post: According to Blogger stats, Behind The Curtain With The Pennsylvania Ballet has had the most visitors.
3. Most Controversial post: Not a lot of controversy goes on here at Style Maniac -- apparently we're a compatible bunch. So I choose the post that generated the only negative comment so far and reflected some real-life resistance to Books & Books Westhampton Beach. (Though for the life of me I can't understand why--how could a smart, stylish well-curated independent bookstore not be a welcome addition to any town or city?)
4. Most Helpful post: My friend Anne often quotes this Everyday Style Tip: Use The Good China as an example of the kind of advice Style Maniac offers. (Thanks for the PR, Anne!)
5. A post whose success surprised you: Color is a passion of mine and creating color palettes a favorite part of being a decorator, but when I conjured up Holiday Color Recipe: Peacock Blue & Burnished Gold I had no idea you all felt the same.
6. A post you feel didn't get the attention it deserved: Hmm. all of 2009, the year I began blogging?! Well, it takes time to grow an audience and I am grateful to all of those who have followed from the beginning, often emailing me with positive feedback. Still, I was surprised it took two years for Marry Your Best Friend to generate a comment (thanks, Barb!)
7. The post you are most proud of: Tears splashed on my keyboard when I wrote Fabric & Family--and still do re-reading it, but I am glad I did as it was a step toward getting at the substance beneath the chic, a goal I feel is essential to this blog and which I plan to develop more.
To keep the trip going, I am also asked to nominate 5 Bloggers to take part. These women make me laugh, cry, swoon and smile on a regular basis. Very much looking forward to your choices, ladies:
Simone / Beach Vintage
Georgia / I Am Bossy
Susie / Orange Swing
Claudia / The Paris Apartment
Joni, Linda & Megan / The Skirted Roundtable
For a list of all nominated bloggers, rules, links and more about this project visit My 7 Links on TripBase.com, a site for passionate travelers around the globe.
"Use the good china for breakfast."