Perhaps this will help us pick a real-life locale for our fictional beach fantasy: The Top 10 Best Beaches of 2011, courtesy Dr. Beach. Thanks to my parents, who live nearby, I know the first one well and can attest to the allure of Siesta Key's completely cool, sparkling white shore. (For more info, see my August, 2010 post, Siesta Key). As for the rest, I have a lot more sand I need to sink my toes in.
Top 10 United States Beaches | 2011
1. Siesta Beach | Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle on Siesta Key via SarasotaFL.org
2. Coronado Beach | San Diego, California
3. Kahanamoku Beach | Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
4. Main Beach | East Hampton, New York
5. Cape Hatteras | Outer Banks of North Carolina
6. St. George Island State Park | Florida panhandle
7. Beachwalker Park | Kiawah Island, South Carolina
8. Coast Guard Beach | Cape Cod, Massachusetts
9. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park | Oahu, Hawaii
10. Cape Florida State Park | Key Biscayne, Florida
"Use the good china for breakfast."